Avocados are not only one of the most delicious foods ever (Guacamole party anyone?!), but they’re also nourishing for the hair! I’ve been making this DIY hydrating avocado hair mask to help keep my hair healthy and prevent my ends from drying out. It really leaves my hair feeling soft and hydrated! If you want to try it out for yourself, check out the written instructions and video down below 🙂 Now let’s get guacamole-ing our hair!
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of an oil of your choice Argan oil or Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/8 cup coconut milk (or as much as you need to make it the consistency you want).
Blend all of your ingredients in a blender until smooth (around the same consistency as a regular conditioner would be). Apply the mask to your hair and scalp. I focus it mainly on the ends, because that’s where I need the most hydration. Leave on for about an hour and then shampoo and conditioner your hair as usual. (Preferably with a gentle/natural shampoo and conditioner: I use Calia’s purifying line). That’s it! Next time you have some ripe avocados you can’t eat, just make a hair mask with it!
- I use the canned variety of coconut milk because its creamy and thick (whatever milk is left over, I just make chia seed pudding with hehe)
- You can customize this mask however you want. I sometimes like to add in 7 drops lavender essential oil and 4 drops rosemary essential oil. Get creative and find what works best for your hair 🙂
- I recommend using a blender as opposed to smashing the avocado with a fork, or you could end up with some chunks in your hair… not fun (trust me)
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE: